It’s time for your kids to head back to school. Do you have a system to organize all their school papers? The National Association of Professional Organizers, Southeast Michigan Chapter (NAPO-SE-MI) wants to share a few tips to help you organize school papers for the upcoming year.
1. Sort, weed out, and file last year’s school papers.
2. Create a binder with sheet protectors that will allow you to easily insert important papers that you need to refer to often, such as the school calendar or a class curriculum.
3. Designate a slot, tote, or box to put your child’s paper into as you empty his/her backpack.
4. Create a place for papers that need to be signed to go back to school.
5. Read everything that comes home, especially the first week of school.
Chapter member and Past Director of Marketing, Karen DeClark, believes, “by taking a little time now to get your systems in place can set the tone for the entire year. Who doesn’t want a less stressful school year?”
Getting ready for the school year can be easier than you think! For more organizing tips, visit www.NapoMichigan.blogspot.com.
Article submitted by Chapter member and Immediate Past President, Betty Huotari.