April 1, 2012
Clutter in Your Car Driving you Crazy?
Whether you are a sales representative, soccer mom, busy college student or just a person on the go, keeping a neat and tidy vehicle can seem like a monumental task. Especially when statistics show the average American spends approximately three hours in their vehicle per day!
The National Association of Professional Organizers in Michigan wants to share some tips on organizing your vehicle:
1. Keep important papers like proof of insurance, registration and maintenance logs in the glove box. Also, keep your owner’s manual there for quick reference, like when you have to change the time on the clock twice a year!
2. If you have pockets on the inside of the doors, keep extra napkins, wet wipes or tissue packs handy for unexpected spills or messes.
3. A paper or plastic envelope is a great place to keep coupons and gift cards. Storing them with the first expiration date on top so that you can redeem them while they are still valid. Also, the envelope is easy to transfer from your purse to another vehicle if need be.
4. Keep a blanket and/or plastic tarp in your trunk. This is especially important if you have a child who plays sports and will be soaking wet from time to time. Also, tarps are good for bringing home flowers, plants and dirt for the garden.
5. Place a large square basket or container filled with recycling tote bags in the back of your vehicle. This way you will always have the shopping bags handy and can store any breakables in that basket for a safe trip home.
6. Consoles are great for storing sunglasses, hand sanitizer, cell phone charger, nail file, first aid kit, paper and pens.
7. Keep CD’s in a storage album out of the sun.
8. Unload Everyday! Take purchases and personal belongings into the house and remove any garbage.
Organizing your vehicle is easier than you think! For more organizing tips, visit http://www.napomichigan.com/.
Article submitted by Chapter Member & Director of Professional Development, Susan Carmody.