Escape the hot summer days and organize your basement this summer! The National Association of Professional Organizers, Southeast Michigan Chapter (NAPO-MI) wants to share some tips to help you get organized in your basement.
1. Store items you rarely use in your basement, but think twice before you take it down there! Often it is a delayed decision which becomes clutter.
2. Create zones in your basement and use room dividers to establish different zones. Bookshelves make a great room divider!
3. Group similar items together (holiday items, books, keepsakes, etc.).
4. Use plastic containers and bins to protect your items.
5. Label your containers so you can easily identify what’s inside each one.
“Basements tend to be great storage for items we rarely use…items that are easy to forget,” said Chapter Member Shannon Burdick. Creating zones, grouping similar items together and clearly labeling your totes will help you feel more organized in your basement so you can find items when you need them.
Organizing your basement is easier than you think! For more organizing tips, visit http://www.napomichigan.com/.
Article submitted by Chapter member and Director of Marketing, Ann Marie Moore.