Every year you vow to get your holiday cards and shopping done early, yet inevitably end up standing in long lines on December 24th again! Make this season more joyous by simplifying and putting an end to last minute madness! The National Association of Professional Organizers, Southeast Michigan Chapter (NAPO-MI) wants to share a Weekly Check List to help you complete your holiday planning before December 20th.
1. Week One: (Nov. 01-07) Determine your theme, color and decorations for home and tree, shop for wrapping supplies.
2. Week Two: (Nov. 08-14) Start writing Christmas cards and creating gift lists.
3. Week Three: (Nov. 15-21) Test all lights and take inventory of tableware and linens. Finish writing your Christmas cards.
4. Week Four: (Nov. 22-28) Tidy up and organize your home for the holidays. Hire a housekeeper as a gift for yourself to reduce your stress.
5. Week Five: (Nov 29- Dec 5) Decorate the exterior with lights and wreaths and continue to shop for gifts.
6. Week Six: (Dec. 06-12) Decorate inside your home with lights, put up the tree, buy frozen party foods and beverages. Make sure you have all the supplies needed before you get started.
7. Week Seven: (Dec. 13-19) Start wrapping presents, schedule time for beauty appointments.
8. Week Eight: (Dec. 20-25) Pick up fresh floral to decorate, set your table a couple of days before the entertaining and keep the house picked up.
9. Week Nine: (Dec. 26-31) After Christmas shopping for sales and return items. Take down tree and decorations unless you like to keep it up after New Years. Buy organizing bins to store decorations.
10. Week Ten: (New Years) Relax and put away all gifts.
Staying organized during the holidays is easier than you think! For more organizing tips, visit http://www.napomichigan.com/.
Article submitted by Chapter member, Debbie Tebbe.