It is the gift giving time of year. These simple tips from the National Association of Professional Organizers in Michigan will help your family get and stay organized as you give and receive during this season.
1. Create a central location to store gifts so that you’ll always know what you have on hand. It is okay to have 1 bin of gifts to keep in the house for special last minute gifts instead of stored around the house.
2. Keep gifts small, simple, and practical.
3. Keep all your gift wrapping paper in one container, drawer or dresser. That way you can take out what you need and put the rest back when you are done.
4. Keep bows, tissue paper, and ribbons in their own containers near the wrapping paper.
5. Organize your gift bags by occasion such as Christmas, birthday, babies, etc.
6. When giving a gift, place the gift receipt with the package so the receiver can take it back if it is the wrong size, color or taste.
7. If you receive a gift you really do not like, either take it back to the store or give it to someone you know that could use it.
8. Use or enjoy a gift from someone and then pass it on to others to enjoy, too. Guilt-free!
Organizing your Gift Giving is easier than you think! For more organizing tips, visit www.NapoMichigan.com.
Article submitted by Chapter member and Director of Administration, Debbie Tebbe.